Children under 12 years old should always be supervised when using the Internet!!!
- Crayola – ideas on creating cards, vote for your favorite color, and tour the factory
- PBSkids – find out about all the book characters on Channel 13 including read aloud stories
- FunBrain – games for kids with a beginner level and an advanced level
- Scholastic – information about books published by Scholastic
- Kids Clip Art – site created by a teenager with original images
- Brain Pop Jr. – video learning site for a variety of subjects!
- http://abcteach.com/directory/childhood/ – PreK learning site.
- http://www.growley.com/cmas – Fun kids Christmas Web Site used in Ms. Molder’s class!
Book and Research
- KidsClick – web search for kids by librarians
- The Book Shelf – children’s books recommendations from Zula B. Wylie Library in Cedar Hill
- Animals – links to real and fictional animal sites
- Ask Jeeves for Kids – type in a specific question for homework help
- Yahooligans – type in a specific question for homework help
- http://www.myroots.com/KidsSearch.html – interviewing techniques for creating family trees
- Funology - information on how to make things, explore the world, and discover new skills
- Mineral Gallery – rock identification assignments
- Science Projects – ideas on projects and how to display them
- Science – site provides a wizard to guide you toward a science fair topic that interests you
- Kids Space – science, fun, games and learning activities for children
- Matter – investigations regarding matter
- Science and Weather – explore the world of science
- Simple Machines – explore the concepts of simple machines
- More Simple Machines – six simple machines
- Zoom Zone – http://pbskids.org/zoom/printables/activities/
- Strange Matter Exhibit – www.strangematterexhibit.com/
- The Exploratorium – http://www.exploratorium.edu/science_explorer
- Eisenhower National Clearinghouse for Math & Science Educ. – www.enc.org
- TryScience – www.tryscience.org
- Planets – the nine planets
- Astronomy – pictures of monthly constellations
- Universe – all about our galaxy and the universe
- Cosmic – space stations
- NASA – National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- NASA Press Kit – NASA media and press information
- Black History – Encyclopedia Britannica’s Guide to Black History contains a timeline, different eras in black history, articles, and related links.
- Government – U.S. Government for kids.
- 50 States – site with information and links on the fifty states for grades 5 and up
- States and Capital – online multiple choice drill
- Indian houses – ideas for American Indian project
- United States Map Puzzle – timed quiz matching state names to state shapes on the map
- Geneology- interviewing family members for family tree project
- More Geneology – interviews – more interviewing questions
- aplusmath.com – website developed to help students improve their math skills interactively
- aaamath.com – hundreds of pages of basic math skills
- coolmath4kids.com – an amusement park of math and more
- Money Counting – excellent drill and practice on counting money
- Time – super online drill for reading a clock
- Time Comparison – drill to determine which time is < or > on the clock
- Addition, subtraction, mult, div, money – drill and practice
Vocabulary and Phonics
- Vocabulary words – online multiple choice drill for vocabulary words
- 1st grade word coding – Saxon phonics and word coding
- Saxon Phonics help – word coding for PARENTS
- Punctuation Games
- Gamequarium – Grammar and punctuation games for 1st – 5th grade
- MyPyramid.gov – Learn about the food groups
- Handwriting animation – Great site to learn CURSIVE!
- Bureau of Labor Statistics for Kids
- Careers for Kids – Lots of great career links!
- Career Exploration Guides